- When is the video competition starting?
The competition commenced on the day of the announcement, which was the 17th of December 2020
- When is the deadline for the submissions?
All videos must be uploaded to the link provided on or before the 31st of January 2021
- Who can participate?
The competition is open to anyone with a valid (as of 2021) University of Colombo official email address. (can be from any faculty of University of Colombo)
- Can I apply as a team with my friends or should we apply individually?
You can apply individually or as a team. If it is a team, you can decide the number of members in the team but the whole team would be considered as a single contestant. If a specific team wins a prize, it would be awarded to the whole team.
- Where can I submit the video?
- Can’t I open the google form for uploading my video through my personal email address? No, the link can only be opened through your University of Colombo official email address. You should sign out from your personal email, then sign in through the University email and then try opening the google form
Questions on the videos
- What should the theme of my video be?
We have no specific theme, but we would prefer if they are focused on some aspect of NATURE whether it be plants or animals
- Can you give us some examples for possible themes?
The sky’s the limit on possible themes but here are a few examples; animal behavior, coexistence, competition, etc.
- How long should the video be?
The video must be of a maximum of 3 minutes and a minimum of 1 minute
- Do I have to shoot the video on a professional camera?
Not at all, you may shoot your it on any device including your mobile phone
- Is there a specific requirement for the orientation of the video?
No, you may shoot on either portrait or landscape orientation
- Is there any specific video quality recommended?
Yes. the resolution should be 320p or higher
- Can I edit my video?
Yes, you may edit it if you wish, however you don’t need to do so. You may include audio or narrations in any preferred language if you wish to do so.
- Can I give my own name for the video?
Yes, you can give a creative name of your own and also provide a creative description during submission.
- May I upload a video I have previously submitted to another competition?
Yes you may do so, provided that your submission was not placed (did not win) in those competitions
To have more understanding of Wildlife Videography, have a look at the Workshop conducted by Mr. Rukmal Ratnayake.